Monday, June 17, 2013

WHY LAURA LIKES MATT

I think it’s always a little trite when people ask me what it is that I like about Matt. If I could say one word about him, just identify one quality that makes me love him, wouldn’t that mean that our relationship is very one-dimensional? 

My next instinct is to then respond that I like everything about Matt. But again, that isn’t  giving the asker any real information. It’s a cop-out.

So what I usually end up saying is this.

From early on, I had a good feeling about Matt. I felt very interested and drawn to him, but if you had asked me why, I would have had no answer except that I had a good feeling. Somehow I just knew he was special, unique, and good for me. 

After only a few conversations, I was able to identify what it was I liked about Matt. To me, Matt is this perfect balance of so many things. I am honestly in awe of him every day.  He is so hard working, logical, and intelligent (you don’t just get into phD programs for Chemical Engineering by looking cute). But at the same time, he is one of the goofiest, kindest, most loving people I’ve ever known. He genuinely cares about others, and you can feel it- it’s tangible. He is always trying to be his best self; no matter what situation he’s in. He loves the art of Cezanne, but also taught himself Calculus- he just simply is everything; this balance of it all that I think is so difficult to achieve. Ever since the beginning of our relationship, I’ve found this dichotomy of interests and personality in him just absolutely fascinating. I love it.


Matt makes me want to be better, try harder, and love more. He accepts me at my worst, and encourages me to be my best.  I had a good feeling about him from the beginning, and while time has passed since then, that feeling still remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment